Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Did You Know?

  • I cry six times a week
  • I laugh too much because I am pretending
  • I am passionate about music, but my music teacher thinks I suck
  • I am not perfect
  • I sit there with a 65 while she cries about an 84
  • My mom can't wait until I leave the house
  • I haven't seen my dad in months
  • I honestly don't know if I will be able to go to college
  • I get upset and no one even knows
  • In all my friendships I have been asked once, "Are you okay," and that is only because I was crying.
  • Music has the biggest influence on my life
  • I can't concentrate on things for more than a few minutes
  • I bump into someone at least 3 times a day
  • I hang out with the overachievers, yet I am an underachiever
  • My friends sits there upset over something so stupid as her grade, when my whole life is messed up
  • I get my numbers and letters confused
  • My friends take advantage of me expecting me always to listen to their problems ask them what is going on, yet never bother with me
  • I lie to my friends
  • After all this, the world still hasn't gotten me down
This was just something I needed to get out, I may seem pessimistic, but the world keeps moving and I have to move with it (: I'm not looking for pity, I'm looking for hope.

5 comments:

ellie said...

See, these are things I love about you. You are real. & I bet those guys are hiding things from you that you might never know. But you are there for them.

I understand exactly about those mean letters and numbers. I could never trust numbers. But you have this passion..so you have to study it. This means studying it ..how music effects you and finding the best way to present it. So its a journey. A long one, you might feel. Don't give up. Practice, give it ..its own unique voice. Maybe you're music teacher will notice one day. If not that teacher..someone will.

lucy and sarah said...

This is heart breaking. I'm sure your mother would miss you terribly. I'm hoping you hear from your Dad soon, but Dad's are..you know..different.

Hang in there. I hope tomorrow is better. I'm hoping you keep smiling and it works out better than you possibly thought.

molly said...

I love your honesty. School was always a struggle for me. I'm the worst test taker.

Well, do something nice for yourself. You have to be good to you.

thalia said...

I know things suck now...trust me we ALL have those times in our lives, some worse than others! But don't worry, things will be better! You will see your dad, you'll find a better group of friends, and I'm positive you will go to college (after all, you're mother should understand that is the most important splurge she'll ever make!). Stay hopeful!!!

xoxoxo,
Thalia ♥

cait said...

I feel for you. This cold winter isn't helping much, either. I hope you'll find something to ease the stress. Be good to you.