Thursday, June 9, 2011

So Long Eighth Grade.....

Yeah I wish I could draw like this
      Yeah I don't think I have ever mentioned that have I? Eighth grade for me and next year I'll be a freshman. I know I have a while to go, but I cannot help but feeling so.........old. I mean I have lived for over a decade. I mean that is a pretty long time, well to me it is at least. I cannot even begin to imagine where I might be in ten years. But then again do you (this is where you are supposed to reassure me :)
      It has been one heck of a year and I mean it isn't necessarily over yet. I still have finals next week, and then the end of the year field-trips and what-not but I mean today my science teacher said. "Guess what gang? (she's like 80 something so I'll cut her some slack) *insert sound of textbook slamming here* That's it! That's all we learned this year. I hope you feel as if you learned a lot.
      I mean in all reality that actually scares me, a lot. It reminds me sort of when Marlene (girl fourth grade class, where my favorite teacher *cough, cough* hated me) left. It made me feel like everything was going to change, and I mean heck yeah and I think it all changed for the worst better. I porbably wouldn't have met Katherine and Gianna (in my current class) if it weren't for Marlene leaving.
      Confession time: the day after Marlene left, we were cleaning out her desk and we were all able to take something in her memory. I remember Ellis took a book cover, actually a lot of people took those things, I think Katherine did too. Well excluding me, instead I found myself sneaking Marlene's Diary. I know, I know it was rather nosy of me, but the diary honestly didn't matter to me. I ended up throwing it out. I guess for me it was a form of closure. I felt as if it was her way of saying goodbye, not only to me, but to everyone. I still (almost) remember everything in there:

Name: Marlene (last name)
Fav color: pink
Fav Accessory: earrings.

Then she wrote her one and only, account I guess you would call it:

      I can't believe it! I leave for Austria in four days! I am going to miss all of my friends, but to be honest I think that I want to leave.

      That's all it said, and, surprisingly, that is all I wanted to know, I was never mad that she didn't write more, because to be honest, Marlene was a complicated person. She was the class bitch, she was truthful, she was bossy, she was beautiful, she was what everyone wanted to be but never was. But I guess most of all, especially since it has been over four years and I am still talking about her. She left her mark. I have to say I just about never met someone similiar to Marlene ever since forth grade. It kind of makes me happy, but I still kind of miss her (God, I really need to learn to move on).
      The funniest thing out of this all is that I was never really close to her in the first place, I mean everyone, was Marlene's friend (she was leader of everything my class did), but no one was that close to Marlene, if anyone Katherine, but she kept herself secluded from the world, yet she was there.
      As for Marlene she now lives happily (at least that's what I conclude from her facebook) in Austria, no silly not Austrailia. Till this day whenever someone talks about Marlene thier face lights up just like it did back in fourth grade, proabably including me.
      So yes my dress did come in time, but I really did not want to go to my eighth grade dance. I was honestly too tired and ready to drop dead, but all of my friends really wanted me there. I got at least 20 different texts about me showing up and people asking me if I got my dress.
      So I ended up going to the dance, and it actually was fun, even if i didn't know half of the songs they played and if the food was terrible. I still had fun for most of the time.
      The weather is getting so hot around here today it was so hot that the school called a half a day. I mean that must be pretty darn hot considering my school never closes. I was supposed to have a softball game today, but luckily they canceled that too, though I hate the hot weather. So I decided to at least make this fun with some photography!


      Tomorrow we are making a video for our teachers as an end of the year goodbye, I hope that goes well , but until later. . .

           Seeya!

                 ~Natalie

P.S. I have a twitter account hardtodescribe, if your on twitter message me or something, so I can follow you :) happy Thursday!
  

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting about Marlene. I hope you have fun making the video. Great about the dance.

ellie said...

I like your Marlene tale. Great update!

ellie's desk said...

Dang..about the food at the dance, but glad you had fun!

lucy and sarah said...

Cool about your twitter. Just haven't wanted one. Interesting story about your teacher. Hope you are having a great weekend.

ivy's closet said...

I love that first pic. Your update made me smile.

hollyaoks fan fiction said...

I'm glad the dance was fun.

Lux and Stan said...

I'm glad you found her written words.

Bookish.Spazz said...

I don't think you should ever opt out of any school events like dances or parties. You don't want to regret it later on.